What is it? Set 266

Page 2 of 2

1507: Coin box... maybe for a bus? 1508: Right-angle syringe 1509: Shuffleboard pusher variant 1510: Manual animal trap-- you had to catch the animal and wrap this thing around its leg by hand. Or perhaps human torture device 1511: Speedloader for a revolver 1512: Corner mast clamp
--
It's times like these which make me glad my bank is Dial-a-Mattress

1507)    At a guess, it is a coin collection box for early trolley cars     or buses. The driver/conductor could lift it out and carry it     to the office for official counting, and I'll bet that it has a     mechanical counter inside.
    I do wonder how it was opened to remove the coins.
    And the coin slot and plunger look as though they came from game     machines -- pinball or the like.
1508)    Wine bottle opener. You stick the needle through the cork,     then pump the handle to build up pressure in the bottle to force     the cork out.
1509)    Looks like a primitive relative to a Johnson bar for moving     heavy machine tools.
    Maybe for moving a railroad car an inch at a time?
1510)    At a guess, it is to clamp on the hooves of horses to keep     them from sinking in overly soft ground or mud.
    It does look potentially painful, however.
1511)    Looks like a primitive speed loader, for loading all six     cartridges into a revolver cylinder at once.
    The spring in the center of the back puzzles me a bit, however.
1512)    Clamps on round rod, or perhaps on an overlap of two wire     cables to form an eye.
    Now to see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.