What is it? Set 242

Page 2 of 2

Well,
1367 looks like a spring loaded gadget to "grab" something, probably in a liquid.
1368 is a bending frame to make the wooden structure for snow-shoes.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

    O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as always.
1363)    Some kind of folding carrier for something? I'd be interested     in seeing it in its folded state too, to see how small it gets.
1364)    Looks like a tool for bending a wire at a specific radius.     About the right size for bending the leads on a carbon     composition resistor prior to mounting it on a printed circuit     board -- except that those usually bend both ends at the same     time, and are not as old as this appears to be. Plastic is     usually sufficient for this task, not forged or cast metal.
1365)    Gathering hay as it is sheared?
1366)    No real clue (nor even a guess) on this one.
1367)    A grapple which is dropped with the fingers pointing out     in a radial pattern, and either when it hits in the center or     when the rope pulls on it, the fingers all snap down to grasp     whatever it was tossed onto.
1368)    Looks like a frame for bending the sides of a dulcimer or     similar musical instrument.
    Now to see what others have guessed.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
Marc Dashevsky wrote:
> [...]
From where can I hear this word?
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-02/afot-cpl021408.php http://healthcare.zdnet.com/?p 75
--
Steve W.

Steve W. said:

One (unconfirmed) study, and one magazine article written by a science writer who can't spell 'metastasizing' - I'm not normally one to pick on people's spelling, but (a) people who are paid for writing ought to be able to do it properly!, and (b) the fact that he or she is unable to spell the word suggests unfamiliarity with it, which further suggests that he or she doesn't know spit about cancer.
There are lots and lots of reasons not to use cell phones. We don't need the excuse that they're carcinogenic! (Whether they are truly carcinogenic or not is something that I simply don't know - but the above articles fail to convince me in all kinds of ways.)
--
Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk
Email: -http://www. +rjh@

Don,

Don, I think you're thinking of this: http://www.americanartifacts.com/smma =
/grain/crad1.gif
1367: My imagination comes up with a ham in a smokehouse, with this gizmo holding it, and now I'm getting hungry...