kingspan - got wet so scrap it !

Just noticed in the kingspan storage / site instructions:

Ideally, boards should be stored inside a building. However, if outside storage cannot be avoided, the boards should be stacked clear of the ground, and covered with a polythene sheet or weatherproof tarpaulin. Boards that have been allowed to get wet should not be used.

So are you supposed to scrap them then ! And if you are pouring a slab over it, it will get wet ! They do not give a reason, which makes me suspicious in the first place. The foam does not seem to be very absorbent to me. The boards I have laid out have got soaked in the rain, not much I can do about that.

Anyone know *why* they say this - I mean its just not practical in many cases.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I suspect because they will cause damp in timber structures if sodden..

Don't worry: screed dries out in time..a long time..like a month or two. The water, if it migrated in, will eventually migrate out again.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Simply de-humidify if you are in any doubt It sounds like a cover my a*** caveat from a manufacturer bordering on an unfair contract term! Chris G

Reply to
mail