WHAT IS IT HELP

I had to buy it. It is a copper tube affair about eight inches long. It is about half an inch in diameter at the one (open) end and tapers down to a fine point at the other (end).

I do not know how to submit a picture to this group or even much about the "What is it" thing I've seen (and ignored, I'm afraid) from time to time.

So, any help posting a "What is it" entry with picture would be appreciated.

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

Possibly a fid? Art

Reply to
Artemus

If it is only eight inches long, then it must be a half a fid

Reply to
George W Frost

Depends on the rope diameter. Could be one and a half fid or even two fid. Or even One third fid ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Well, without a set of wings, it is definitely not a flying fid

Reply to
George W Frost

I've only seen wood and bone fids, and metal marlinspikes smaller than my little finger, generally used with wire rope. Got a pic of a hollow copper fid, anyone?

Researching it, I see that some splicing tools have a hollow threaded hole in the end to pull the rope through.

and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.? -- Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think if you email the picture to Rob H., he of the "What is it" fame, he'll post it for you along withh all the rest.

Reply to
Stuart