what else can I do?

hi...
I was wondering if a scroll saw has any purposes other than art-sy, display type stuff? I'm not much or an artist.
thanks...
Ah10201 wrote:

Among other things, it can be used to cut templates for routing, stencils, drawing templates, die profiles for cutting paper or cardboard for containers, jigsaw puzzles,...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA
wrote:

a scrollsaw extensively for the lattice on the mirror box, and, on the small, Victorian house.     Actually, if it is large enough, it can cut out gingerbread for REAL Victorian style houses...     It is a great tool for precision cutting of smaller items. If the only woodworking one does is framing carpentry...it is probably not that useful.     Regards     Dave Mundt
On 19 Apr 2004 05:07:34 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Ah10201) wrote:

You don't have to be an artist. Just buy patterns that have been drawn by an artist, trace it onto your material, then just follow the lines.
You could also try making wooden puzzles. Most do not require much artistic talent.
Wooden Puzzles Games > Puzzles > 3D Puzzles > Wooden Puzzles http://directory.google.com/Top/Games/Puzzles/3D_Puzzles/Wooden_Puzzles /
I use mine to make nice tight inlays in veneer that can be applied to a surface. Just stack two contrasting color woods and glue a pattern to the top. Set your scroll saw table to 5-8 degrees off horizontal and cut the pattern. The resulting pieces should fit tight.
Montyhp

yes
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

On 19 Apr 2004 05:07:34 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Ah10201) wrote:

They are great for coping molding, working with small pieces that are dangerous to handle on bigger tools, and removing the inside from closed parts.
Barry