What does one have to do?

I wrote a question concerning laying a new parquet floor over CDX or A/C plywood vs Luan and it never was posted! However I see postings regarding Arnold and Jews accepting Jesus-what does this have to do with woodworking? (Yea I know Jesus was supposed to be a carpenter!) What does one have to do to get a legitimate question answerd here?! Chuck F

Reply to
MAIN179

It's a mystery to me, too! >Subject: What does one have to do?

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

If your original question did not post, repost it.

Reply to
Bob Gramza

Yeah the spam on this group is out of control. As for your question, maybe you would get advice if you posted it to alt.home.repair

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Set your filters up to scrub out messages whose subject contain any of these words:

OT, JEWS, ISLAM, GAY, JESUS, BUSH, CHRISTIAN, ISRAEL, TONY BLAIR, TROLL, TURKEY, EPISCOPAL, JEWISH, BROWNE, ARNOLD, JAVA, MUSLIM, LIBERAL

This'll take care of about 99% of it.

Reply to
Ben Siders

The query was indeed posted and is present now.

You posted the original query at 3:39, and some seven hours later want an answer ? Its probably true that your original query is still being propagated through USENET.

USENET is like a bulletin board - someone who knows the answer needs to _see_ your query before they can possibly answer.

USENET news groups aren't 'help desks', no one is tasked with answering all the questions that are posted.

It could be you're doing something no one here ever heard of, but that isn't likely with the scads and scads of expertise around here.

Don't be overly concerned if your queries don't get instant answers. Give it a day or two, not a few hours.

The other thing you need to do is stick with the original thread, not start a completely different thread. The only reason I noticed both of your posts is because my current download is notably short and it is easy to spot two posts from one author.

That won't likely happen if the news group gets busy and there are two or three pages of the message index to scan.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Wed, Sep 3, 2003, 5:26pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@mac.com (Ben=A0Siders) says: Set your filters

WebTV. No filters.

JOAT Failure is not an option. But it is definitely a possibility.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 2 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT