Weight of Grizzly G1021 Planer

Anyone have a Grizzly G1021 15" planer? I just ordered one and while awaiting its arrival I'm rasslin' with ways to unload and set it in place. Does this thing _REALLY_ weight 400+ pounds?

I just find it a bit difficult to think that it weighs more than my cabinet saw.

Reply to
LP

The G1021Z is 541 lbs shipping weight, so some where just over 500 lbs I would guest

If you need it cloer go the grizzley.com and send them an email, they are very good in replying.

Reply to
Kevin French

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:24:37 -0500, LP calmly ranted:

Borrow a neighbor -and- his engine hoist.

Nope, but the box it ships in makes it add up to 440 lbs. The planer is only 420 lbs. by itself.

- Web Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques