Waterlox vs. Parks Tung Oil

We have some old clear redwood that was finished 30 plus years ago with Parks brand Tung Oil. It is dry and I would like to rejuvenate it, but I am not looking for a high gloss finish, just a light shine.
I have never used the Parks product, but we still have a very old can of it around. My husband did the original finish in the living room with Parks.
My expereience has been using Waterlox and I am comfortable using it. I have their Satin finish available.
Could anyone give me a rundown of both these products, and also advise if using the old can of Parks is a good idea? I assume I will have to strain it and possibly add thinner to it.
Thank you.
--
Pacific Pintos

Add pictures here
✖
On 24/11/2012 12:33 PM, Pacific Pintos wrote:

First of all, not having used Parks I really can't comment on it. But, before you decide to do something like this, have you considered that maybe the dull, dry appearance may be due to a build-up of household airborne contaminates? Things such as cooking and smoking can build up a film on a surface over time and thirty years is a long time. Also the application of furniture polish will build up a dulling film. Therefore, it may be worthwhile to try cleaning a small portion of the surface using a rag dampened with varsol or turps to see if the dull film is removable and the original surface appearance returns.
Gil
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 24, 12:33 pm, Pacific Pintos

Tung has a short shelf life once it's exposed to air. Hope it's not gelled.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 17:33:35 +0000, Pacific Pintos

30 year old can of finish? Forget it. I'd surely use the Waterlox. Their satin is my favorite finish, too.
-- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it. -- Hugh Macleod
Add pictures here
✖