Paint over tung oil??

I put tung oil on a wood table and don't like the way it looks. Can I paint over it with latex paint? Or perhaps use a stain over the tung oil to try to achieve a better color? Thanks.

Reply to
J. Cameron Davis

nospambob

Ooo, this makes me cringe. I can't stand paint over good wood (or maybe it's not so good?)

Is it pure tung oil, or similar to Minwax "Tung Oil Finish"??? If it's pure tung oil, did you add a dryer to it to make it harder quicker?

The Tung Oil Finish is just a wiping varnish and will actually dry to a film.

So I guess to answer your question, it depends. Either way I'd resand.

Reply to
Larry Bud