Waterlox Application Tips Appreciated

Any sage advise for wipe-on application of waterlox? I'm finding it 'gummy' as opposed to say, Watco. Must be the Tung Oil.

I've taken to wiping off almost as soon as I apply it, and that's working pretty good. That and not wiping too long.

Reply to
brian_j_roth

I would probably take a good read here, first.

can thin the product a bit if you need to if you want to extend your open time, but it sounds like you are putting too much on and goofing with it too long.

Use a no-lint painter's rage folded into a pad as an applicator and get plenty on the applicator. Apply a quick, thin coat and leave it alone.

Repeat.

What are you putting this finish on?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Putting it on Cherry. I've found if I goof with it too much, another quick wipe of the waterlox will smooth it out.

Reply to
brian_j_roth