Wanted: free Dog Food feeder plans

Needs to accept a little over two 50 pound bags of dry dog food. I'm thinking of the gravity feed style.

I could design it myself - nothing complicated but if there's a free one already....

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Why not just a small hog feeder? Would probably be as cheap or cheaper than materials...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

One of the best I've seen is right next door and takes all of 1/2 hour to make. Take one of those big Rubbermaid containers, the ones designed to go under the bed because the are nice and thin. Stand on end against wall. Screw to wall. Cut opening in the bottom of the lid for dog food to come out. Best have a nice pan to catch it. Cut a nice door in 'top' of lid for pouring in the dog food. Duct tape makes a nice hinge.

You will need to secure the lid to the box or the pressure of the dog food will push it off. Duct tape will work, glue as well, even screws.

Now you have a dispenser that you can see at a glance how full it is.

Women seem to love these.

Reply to
Gino

I forgot the price....$15.

And I've been getting bread, cookies, pies, tomatoes, green beans as payment for an entire year. How can you beat that!

Reply to
Gino

Thanks for all the suggestions -- I think.

I plan to build one that looks kinda good -- It'll be in my laundry room so it doesn't have to be fine furniture. It shouldn't be designed for the barn livestock either. Besides, I can tailor the design to fit the space....

Reply to
Never Enough Money

If you leave out the duct tape the on end Rubbermaid looks great. Perfect for the laundry room. Ask the little woman, $100 oak box, or $15 shiny Rubbermaid container? I already know her REAL answer, even if she does tell you to make the oak box. Women love Rubbermaid containers. Of course if you're just looking for an excuse to use your tools and build stuff I'd say to hell with the little woman and start making sawdust.:)

Reply to
Gino

Try the Rubbermaid idea and if it works, build a wood casing around it. I think if I had my dogs self feed I'd next be making wheelbarrows' to cart them around in.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

This is how you feed your women??

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Try WOOD Magazine's idea for storage of workshop items. Adapt to suit your needs.

Safely, Jim Barry

WoodchuckCanuck

Woodwork Safely,

of dog food, and I used aluminum blast gates at the bottom for the food dispenser. E-mail me and I will try to find the plans. I can scan 'em and send, then you just have to scale up to your size (probably just double it.)

Dave

Reply to
pharmdave

That's close to what I was imagining. I can modify the dimensions, etc. to get what I want -- no need to send me detailed plans. Thanks!

Reply to
Never Enough Money