Wait to stain trim?

I just had new "new construction" windows installed, and I have to cut new interior trim out of pine. My plan is to stain them.
However, being from CT, it's cold up here this time of year and staining in the house without ventilation probably isn't good for my pregnant wife.
I was thinking of installing the trim now (so we'll have something to hang our blinds from), and staining in a few months. The trim will be installed with small trim nails so it shouldn't be a problem to pull it back off.
The interiors of the windows (Anderson) are unfinished pine as well.
Am I hurting anything by waiting a few months?
-CF
i'm in ct also,why don't you use a water based stain and then a waterbased poly,no odor.if you still want to wait i wouldn't take the trim off afterward,just stain it while it's on.tape around it first.

How about that all in one stain-poly stuff. How does that work?
-CF
CFster wrote:

If you want to wait a few months to stain, yet still get the trim up and mount blinds, drapes, etc. How about this?
Trim out the windows but before trimming them out, staple waxed paper around the periphery. After you trim out, go around and trim the wax paper leaving whatever margin you're comfortable with to mask the wall.
Once you stain, seal and finish the trim, take a brand new razor knife and draw it down the joint between the trim and the wall. You're done! No other masking or cleanup, touchup necessary.

Sounds like a good idea, but I still have to mask off the glass as the inside of the window frames are pine.
-CF
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:18:02 GMT, Unquestionably Confused

Excellent idea.
Barry

Possibly removing the trim could damage it and condensation may damage the wood.

Yeah, that was what I was worried about - especially in the bathroom. Perhaps I'll find a way to get rid of the wife for a weekend.
-CF

What colour?
Don't stain. Pine darkens with age to a golden brown. Varnish, and you're done. Be patient. It's like waiting for cedar to turn grey; worth the wait.

It has to match the rest of the trim around the doors and baseboards which is already stained.
-CF