Wainscotting, plywood, and sheetrock

When you are starting from framed walls and you plan on using some kind of wainscoting, how would you seal the joint between the sheetrock above and the plywood below?
Thanks, Patrick

Chair rail? Tom

I would cover the entire wall with sheetrock. Then, I would apply wainscotting. Finally, I would cover the edge of the wainscotting with stair rail. Jim
"Patrick" wrote in message

Put the drywall on first, then put the wainscoting on top of the drywall.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

to be more precise, drywall the whole wall, all of the way to the floor. then install the wainscot. and as Tom said, chair rail is a good way to trim the top of the wainscot
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

And if the wainscot is going to be say T&G bead board, run nailers between the studs at the top and middle of where you are installing the wainscot. Then drywall and you have something on which to nail it.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.