Violin making course

Hello,
If you're interested, you can start making your own violin. Just follow this link if this sounds tempting: http://apenberg.free.fr/crbst_21.html
Thank,
Pascal
Pascal wrote:

Mr. Pascal,
I was interested, but it would save peoples time if you mention that you are referring to course having tuition which is in south-west France. I was thinking of getting the somewhat pricey book on violin building by Courtnall and Johnson and the price of a trip to France makes it look cheap! How do you know Ms. Alexandra Apenberg? Maybe she could publish a video for the Internet?
Bill

Hello Bill,
You're perfectly right. As an excuse I must say that I don't know the location of the people on this forum. I know the book you're mentionning but not its content. All the interest of a one to one tuition is to listen, see and being supervised. I don't know where you're from Bill, but book + Wood + tools can all together become as expensive as a lovely trip + course where everything is provided. Anyway I understand your point. You can always ask us questions (we're wife & husband) and we'll answer with pleasure.
Regards,
Pascal.

More reason to indicate the location of the course, n'est ce pas?
Pascal wrote:

I'm at 41.593868,-93.733499 (until I go to refill my coffee cup)
:)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Near 20th Street?
Best, Christopher
Christopher Glaeser wrote:

On the corner of 20th Street and Center Street Place. If you plug those coordinates into Google maps and zoom way down, it'll point to my keyboard...
...under the roof, of course. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I saw some snow on the NEXRAD over in that area the other night. Did you see any falling? (It would have been early morning, 3-4AM ish.)
Puckdropper
Puckdropper wrote:

Yes - there was about an inch accumulated on the balcony railing when I looked out. I was glad to see it end because the trees here haven't dropped their leaves yet. It was all melted by noon and the streets were dry by mid-afternoon.
Usually this area doesn't see enough snow to measure until around Thanksgiving.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar