Video Coming Through?

Works fine using Google Chrome. Hey, you oughta be doing the PBS woodworking tv shows.

Reply to
tommyboy

Yeah. Opera 10.10

Reply to
dadiOH

It would if you'd been using it for seven years or for one day if you'd installed it prior to the browser upgrade.

I use it to sync my bookmarks between my desktop and laptop. A good sync/backup plugin for your address book is synckolab.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Get some new ones.... after all Bush left the building 2 years ago. New sites for GOP contenders, some sites with those whacky Tea Party people.

7-year old book-marks? Really?

:-)

PS... I have this little button on my toolbar (dock) that says: Time Machine which restores my machine back as far as Sept 2010, and all points in between then and now. A nice feature. And Firewire 800 makes restoration very fast too... for those times when I install something that I wish I hadn't.

Reply to
Robatoy

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

*snip*

Of the bookmarks or FF?

If you're running certain versions of Windows (most of Windows 7 editions), there's a Previous Version feature that will let you retrieve random versions of the file. Right click on the file and select "Retrieve Previous Versions" and maybe you'll get lucky and get most of the bookmarks back.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I've never had more than a couple GOP sites but I'm adding Tea Party info all the time now.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT, YOU PERV! (Nah, I go for older women.)

I never used to have a problem with Mozilla. The bookmarks were stored in a nice little HTML file and I could edit it anywhere. Now, it's apparently in SQLite format and I'll have to figure it out.

-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Might give this little Mozilla Thunderbird add-on a shot...

Reply to
Digger

Joys.

Bueno, bwana. I'll check it out.

-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I wonder if that'll work on Firefox...

Thanks.

-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yep, there is an identical add-on for FireFox. Be careful though, it will also open any and all sqlite dbs used elsewhere on your system. You could really screw the pooch if not very very careful and always backup and set restore points before play. Also note that in some situations you may need to elevate user privileges for access to certain files, depending upon your system configuration.

Good luck,

Reply to
Digger

Found it.

I only wish I had a restore point before grabbing that beta, damnit. Luckily, I had a large percentage of the old database, but I'll be sure to save the bookmarks more often in the future.

Complacency sucks, mon.

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

-------------------------------- SFWIW:

I run FireFox.

Created the following directory:

C:\BookMarks

Once a week, go into bookmarks organize and save current list to C:\BookMarks.

Simple, which I need, and it works.

Haven't lost one yet.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I realized true horror when I found that I hadn't done a bookmark backup since '07. That won't happen again.

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I eschew the built-in bookmarks, and instead create a simple HTML page (accessed with file: URI) to which I add any interesting bookmarks.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Larry,

Grab a copy of this free extension and you should be good to go...

You can change the defaults to save all anywhere you wish and still readable with a simple text editor, also will do routine backups automagically so, like me, if memory has been an issue it won't be any longer.

Good luck,

Reply to
Digger

I like it. DLing now.