vibrating sander needs pad

I bought a Milwaukee (model 6000) at a garage sale for $5.00, and it needs a new bottom pad, and I have a couple of other sanders in the same condition. Where and what can I find to replace the missing bottom pad? Most came with some kind of sponge pad or rubber, but I can't think of where I might find something like that. Carpet pad would be too spongy, and I don't know where I would find rubber that thick.
All ideas appreciated!
Contact Delta support for replacement parts would be my first suggestion
John
On 23 May 2004 22:01:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (ToolMiser) wrote:

John wrote:

I think I'd try Milwaukee first see'n how it one of their sanders.

IIRC Kingspor sell replacement pads for a variety of sanders.

condition.
with
where I

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (ToolMiser) wrote in message

Dear Woodworker: Milwaukee Service Center....do a search for a dealer or repair station close to you.look under tool repair in the yellow pages...Good luck, Mike from American Sycamore
Skip the part dept. Use a computer mouse pad, Works perfect and is cheap or free.
ShakasCaregiver wrote:

"Mouse pad" covers a lot of territory these days.
--
--John
Attach with a little contact cement and ready to go.

cheap or

That's true... the thick rubber backed mouse pads do make an excellent replacement stick on sander pads, I have done two 1/3 sheet sanders & two palm sanders out of a large free advertising type mouse pad. If anything it is better than the original pad.
--
Jon Down
Great answers, I knew there was something that would work. I thought about Anti fatique mat material, but it is too thick.