cracking garage pad?

just a quick question....I have a montreal-style bilevel home (garage in the basement style)....I noticed that I have a very (very) fine hairline crack that runs from the edge of the pad about 5 feet in. No shifting or difference in height from one side to the other. VERY fine, and almost imperceivable to pick at with your fingernail.

should I be worried? the house is a 1984 model, and there is NO signs of any shifting in this time. thoughts?

Hamilton Audio

I would worry more about a potential lightning strike than the crack in your pad.... if you get my drift.

Reply to
Art

Thoughts? Get a life and something worth worrying about!

Reply to
Curmudgeon

You shouldn't allow crack in your home

Reply to
Ralph

you guys are too funny....having never owned a garage, I figured it was worth an ask. you feel mighty stooooooopid later if you had "just known"...

thanks! b

Reply to
Hamilton Audio

hahaha....too funny. Wasn't really worried, just making sure that I didn't have to deal with something thats all...

thanks!

Reply to
Hamilton Audio

Small cracks like you describe aren't a problem. You don't need to worry unless the crack starts getting wide or the concrete shifts up/down creating a lip.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

There are two types of concrete, the kind that cracks and the kind that is going to crack.

No worries, as others have said, for small cracks as you describe. If there is movement and big changes or heaving then you may want to be concerned.

Reply to
Brikp

Reply to
Shrek