Verizon DSL

Doesn't mean that there is no address. If it's taxed, if there's a way to get mail there, if it's off a state or municipal road then there's an address of some kind.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Sounds a lot cleaner than the restrooms in National Forest and State Forest areas here in AZ. I have encountered the "natrural composting" latrines that the enviro-wackos are advocating, and they stink, literally. No thanks.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Sssshhh! For God's sake don't tell the EPA!

--RC Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

Upstream of who's water supply ?

Reply to
GregP

eliminate

weekends ago.

included in

I live in NW Virginia just outside DC and am confronted with the same request for a user name and password. Do you remember what they are? And, what did you use (in Linux) to connect to Verizon? I am running Fedora 3. Please just let me know. Thanks, Cliff

Reply to
cbailey

Are you setting it up for the first time? If so, you just about have to suck it up, find some crap hard drive laying around somewhere, and throw Windows on it to run their CD. You have to set up your username and password to use with the thing. It's all part of the stupid CD. After that, you can throw away Windows. Especially if you're talking to the upstream stuff with a router that lets you put the username and password inside it, so you don't have to screw with PPPoE stuff on the Linux side, which I found to be a royal PITA on Debian and Mandrake. Haven't done Fedora. It's probably no different. I recommend a router highly, just to manage the stupid PPPoE stuff.

Reply to
Silvan

No, but I was on hold for only about 5 minutes.

These were WinXP computers. Someone near you should have a laptop that can run the Verizon CD. Gimme a holler on email (remove the obvious) if you can't find anyone, but I'll be tied up until Thuirsday or Friday at the earliest.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

If it's the same one Verizon is shipping around my parts, eastern PA, I think the login name is 'admin' and the password is, wait for it, 'password'.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I am currently using Verizon DSL without any problem, and I am on their $29.99 plan. The price is right, and the speed is good.

Initially I had some wiring problem in my house that prevented me from getting a DSL signal (even with filters installed in all phones). Something to do with the hardwired phone line to the water-supply company was messing thing up. Verizon techician came over (for a fee) and install a DSL splitter box to separate the DSL line from other phone lines, and the problem was fixed for good.

The only "issue" that I have is that Verizon requires me to keep their local phone service in order to use their $29.99 DSL service. This is fair. But this also means that I lose the incentive to replace Verizon local/long distance service with Vonage local/long distance VoIP (voice over IP) basic plan that is really cheap. Not a big deal. I still will be able to call long distance using the VoIP service from SkyPe (that is also really cheap). Now, I just need to get done with my project of rewiring my house for phone/LAN; then I will have time to use the service from SkyPe (too many projects, too little time).

Jay Chan

Reply to
jaykchan