Venerable Makita 9.6 cordless drill $60 at HD

While at Home Depot tonight, I noticed they have that L-shaped Makita 9.6 NiMH cordless drill on clearance for $60.

Reply to
AL

Doing a lot of repair and replacement work, I have accumulated 5 including a 'hammer' drill. Advantage is with the optional 12 v. DC. battery charger, the batteries can be recharged from your vehicle in about 1 hr.. They will drive 1/4 in. lag bolts or a 1 in. hole saw with ease. The newer batteries last much longer also.

Reply to
Chipper Wood

It's not the drill it was. I regret giving my old one to the daughter. Clutch is much softer, power seems less, and NiMH versus NiCd doesn't seem to make up for the other deficiencies.

Nice ergonomics.

Reply to
George