Veneering woes.

I have some very HARD bumpy veneers, species unknown.:) I have a little press for the flat stuff but really don't know how to approach curved surfaces. These are small areas, curved lids and sides for smallish boxes. Under a square foot in most cases.
A curved press is what I think I need but not sure.

Vaccuum press?

I've never seen one, I'm fairly new to veneering. How do they work?
Try searching the wreck for past posting and look at joewoodworker.com for more information on veneer vacuum pressing. Gino wrote:

A vacuum bag will do it perfectly. Vacuum veneering is really great and pretty easy. I made my first as a test. I bought heavy clear vinyl from the fabric store and made a bag. It was a bitch to get the vacuum to seal but it worked well enough to buy a premade system. max

Vacuum bag. You can make out of plastic sheet (comes in big rolls) from the hardware store, and vacuum bag tape.
Hook to a vacuum pump with hose.
You can get up to 14 psi clamping pressure.

Gino wrote:

Some have suggested a vacuum press, which would certainly work but it quite expensive. If you don't mine having to practice a little to get good at it, hammer veneering can do the job very well.
PK