Valuable resource

This group is and can be a valuable resource with the ever changing construction business. I do woodworking and also, am a General Contractor. I appreciate reading posts on technique and tools. With my business like I tell folks, I do a variety of projects from million dollar houses to chicken coops, and backyard fences..... Lately I have been a "Stone Mason" since my job calls for stone laying, and my friend, a Mason, is guiding me, and giving me tips of his trades.

So, I do like the variety of topics, especially construction related...... Yes, I know Politics gets in the picture, and like any job we work on, there always comes a time when the discussion creeps into the workplace.

So, as long as everyone can vent their own beliefs, talk construction, discuss the latest News event, I have no problems......

I do like the binaries construction.....allowing pics. to be sent. There has not been a lot of traffic on the news group either. So, that is my story....... every 8 penny nail of it...... had to include some construction...... john

Reply to
jloomis

For those of us who don't use, hence know, all the terminology, it's good t o have a resource to tell us. It allows us to search the term, to learn it and best understand. Though some of us don't do all the types of work, of ten, when we do need some work, we can reference the term, appropriately, w hen we ask for help with doing the construction, project.

Examples: It was good that I was reintroduce to the term "purlin". Over t he years, I had forgotten what they actually were, though I had recalled th e term. Some folks weren't/aren't aware of what a "radio arm saw" is.... i nnocent "mistakes"(?).

Not all of us are fully abreast of all terms, applications, etc. that are u seful, when working on or planning a project, etc., and it's good to have a reference, for better/best describing what we want to do. Not everyone ca n describe their issues properly, since they don't know the proper term. J ust because someone (lurker) doesn't participate in a discussion, doesn't m ean they aren't paying attention and learning from others.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

uh, that's "radio ALARM saw" to us seasoned woodworkers! :)

Reply to
Larry W

snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lonestar.org (Larry W) wrote in news:l6m0d2$aqg$1 @sdf.lonestar.org:

I sometimes say "Radio Alarm Slaw". I'm not sure if anyone's picked up on it yet, or just heard it enough to not laugh at the joke.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I groaned the first time I read it this morning. That was enough..lol. ;)

Reply to
Bill

What channels do you get? john