used parts

Page 2 of 2
MikeWhy wrote:

Have you seen the old "guards" on these things? They scream "lost digits!" :-) That's what always kept me from picking up a used one.... as the new ones are ridiculously expensive.
Mine came with a completely new guard/handle assembly, and table top w/ support brackets, and some other little bells and whistles I forgot about. The guard is really nice and works correctly for ripping, too.
I certainly could've started using the saw, right then and there, but I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like other people's dirt. :-) After cleaning/lubing it all up and doing all the suggested calibrations, it's better than most new RAS's I've seen. It's sturdy, accurate, smooth, "safe," and didn't cost $500.
Safe is is quotation marks because anytime a saw travels in the same direction as the blade rotation, there's added caution one must take when using it.
--

-MIKE-

A scum sucking GLOAT tossed out the window in passing. You suck, Mike. ;)
MikeWhy wrote:

Yes, yes I do. :-)
I told some friends that it makes me even, for all the times I made stupid buying decisions and got ripped off.
--

-MIKE-

In doing a quick search I ran across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Craftsman-12-In-Radial-Saw-%2311323300-Carriage-Bearings_W0QQitemZ120347222781 obviously the same item and Seller. The Seller has a goodly number of sales, a 99.9% feedback rating and states that they found the bearings to be in very good condition. Seems like a safe bet to me.

So...it was worth dealing with a little bit of rust? I'll have to remember that. ;)
RicodJour wrote:

We all know that there's rust..... and there's a '74 Nova from a Cleveland suburb. :-)
--

-MIKE-

I almost forgot. Most of those Craftsman RAS are part of the Emerson recall.
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com /
--

-MIKE-