Unisaws

OK, I'm shopping for a table saw and apparently the Unisaw is the nut when it comes to table saws. Why? Even the older 40's Rockwell models bring big bucks on ebay. What makes this saw so special?
Thanks Todd L<-----newbie so take it easy :)
They have been around for a long time, and the name is recognized. Quality and workmanship has been an issue on later models. But, You would probably do just as well and come out a bit cheaper with a Jet cabinet saw and come out a lot cheaper with a Grizzly cabinet saw.

Todd L wrote:

Kinda one of those, "if you gotta ask" things I guess.
Seriously, the Unisaw, PM66, General 350, Jet WantsaBeAUnisaw and the Grizzly WantsaBeAUnisaw are all good saws. If I had my druthers though and was just starting out (with money) I'd own the General.

How'd I do?
UA100
Part of it is that you can find parts for a 40 year old delta. Can you say that about the competators? That is why they are still around, provided that they ever needed parts. My unisaw was made in 1939, and was used in a school for most of it's existance.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (ToolMiser) wrote in

And I thought mine was old having started life in 1943.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."

My credo for most items is sell on eBay, buy elsewhere. <G>
Too many people get caught up in auctions and bid far more that some items are worth. I recently saw a Jet jointer sell for more than new, PLUS shipping on eBay.
Set _your_ maximum comfortable price in your head at the beginning of the auction and STICK TO IT. If you get outbid, let the item go, don't join a war.
In the meantime, keep the cash ready and watch your local "Bargain Shopper" news papers.
Barry