Uneven bandsaw table

I have a 12" Jet bandsaw. Material catches on the lip when feeding material into the blade. By lip I mean where the table has a slot for sliding a blade for mounting. Using hand pressure I can true up the table so that a straight edge will lay flat, but as soon as I release the pressure the straight edge will have a gap on the infeed side.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
R.A. Moore
In most, if not all, bandsaws there is a tapered pin that is inserted into a hole in the edge of the table that bridges the slot. When this pin is in place it keeps the table flat.
Is your pin missing?
Charley

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cfm?area=shop&action=breakdown_detail&breakdown_ID20
At $1.79, replace if missing. If you've got a bit of a burr which is catching versus a missing pin, chamfer the iron with a bit of 220 SiC paper.