ultra light mdf

Anyone have a source for ultralight MDF in the Knoxville area???
Tried woodfinder with no luck.
TIA,
Joe
news.tds.net wrote:

Just curious.. what are you using it for? Could you substitute plywood instead? That will save you some wieght.
I admit that I am biased because I really dislike MDF. Weight is only one of the reasons.
bf,
good questions. Actually, I'm using mdf because my customer wants to paint it and wants routed edges. MDF takes a very clean routed edge. I will probably substitute 1/2" for as much of the 3/4" as possible, but still looking to lighten things up a bit.
The application is sidewall cabinets in the back of a 15 passenger van (most of rear seats removed).
Joe