ultra light mdf

Anyone have a source for ultralight MDF in the Knoxville area???

Tried woodfinder with no luck.

TIA,

Joe

Reply to
news.tds.net

Just curious.. what are you using it for? Could you substitute plywood instead? That will save you some wieght.

I admit that I am biased because I really dislike MDF. Weight is only one of the reasons.

Reply to
bf

bf,

good questions. Actually, I'm using mdf because my customer wants to paint it and wants routed edges. MDF takes a very clean routed edge. I will probably substitute 1/2" for as much of the 3/4" as possible, but still looking to lighten things up a bit.

The application is sidewall cabinets in the back of a 15 passenger van (most of rear seats removed).

Joe

Reply to
news.tds.net