UK supplier of Cherry and Oak

Hi all.
I'm looking to find a supplier of Cherry and Oak in the UK. I can find lots of timber suppliers but they all seem to be more building merchants and faint if I ask for anything they consider "exotic". An online supplier who will ship to the Isle of Arran (Scotland) would be ideal. I'm looking to make some new doors for the farmhouse and as the double glazing is Cherry effect UPVC, SWMBO dictates that the back door must be "real" Cherry to match, good choice or would you use something else and stain to get the effect?
Any help gratefully received Regards, Jeff.
Jeff wrote:

jeff try ambrose mcgrath 0151 298 9898 or try uk workshop forum for a lot of info
FRANK wrote:

find
An
be
the
Yip try www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums
Rgds
Noel

Oak is pretty easy, cherry isn't. We grow a bit of cherry (Hampshire, AFAIK) but not much. Oak is mainly French, but there's plenty of English. So the little cherry you do see tends to be imported American and at the high end of the price bracket.
I'd suggest getting a copy of Furniture and Cabinet Making magazine and checking the ads in the back. Plenty of small timberyards advertising there. As you're unlikely to find somewhere really _that_ close to Arran, you're looking at mail order anyway and that opens up the whole country.
My local (Bristol) guys are pretty good, and they'll give you an idea of pricing, if no more. www.interestingtimbers.co.uk
My usual advice on big timber jobs is to buy rough sawn boards and a thicknesser, saving yourself the machining costs. However if shipping weight is an issue, planed timber looks more attractive.
Now ask the Americans for confirmation on this, but if I were making a back door, I'd go with oak rather than cherry, just from the rot aspect.