two hand veneering questions

Greetings,     Am whittling up a veneer hammer. Have 3/32" brass for the blade. Googling shows a variety of blade materials used as blades. Anyone here tried plexi, uhmw, or boxwood? Seems metal is the right material, but just checking.     While wrapping a bleeding finger, I wondered if surgical tape resembles veneer tape? (1, haven't purchased the real veneer tape yet , and 2, I kept a close eye on the blade and slowed down as I finished the cut because I just _knew_ it would jump at my finger. It did. damn)
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

Since you use the hammer to heat up the glue you want as large a heat capacity and headt conductibility in it's material as you can reasonably get, therefore metal is the way to go.

Now I'm confused. I see a thicker blade is in order. Are we putting heat into the glue, or taking it out? Trying for equilibrium?
The 0.93 strip was the thickest the local hardware store carried. It's a foot long, so I'll sandwich the blade between two layers of brass; maybe solder them together. Rivet them in with 3/16 or 1/4 brass rod through undersized holes.
Or just get out the crowbar and turn this thing into a marking gauge... Thanks for the replies.
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 20:28:22 -0500, Australopithecus scobis

That'll work. But after I had one like that, I ended up with around 3/16" brass for my next one.

Perspex (plexi) works, but you don't get the same heatsinking effect that you do with brass.