Two questions

First, I am building a thickness sander and I would like the sanding drum to be 32 to 36 inches wide. I am looking for recommendations for the drum, something 5+ inches in diameter. Preferable something everyday I have not thought of which will work.

Second, I have a lot of UHMW and am looking for thoughts on replacing the guide blocks on my bandsaw with couple UHMW blocks cut from this stock.

Thanks

Reply to
Doug

John

5" steel pipe?

Nova

On 27 Jun 2004 14:39:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Doug) calmly ranted:

You might get some ideas here:

can't find the link in my bookmarked sites but someone somewhere makes fairly inexpensive drums for these things.

If you like melted plastic on your wood, go right ahead. Methinks the melting point and wear factors would preclude its use in this application.

============================================================ Help Save the Endangered Plumb Bobs From Becoming Extinct!

Reply to
Larry Jaques