Two gloats

First: On Sunday my wife spontaneously announced that I needed to buy a new chain saw. Since she's right, on Monday I bought one.
Second: On Tuesday, while she was driving home she noticed a good sized / storm damaged paper birch and brought it to my attention.
Man, woman and chainsaw promptly got in the pickup truck but the homeowner wasn't home. So I left a business card with a note that I owned a chainsaw and would finish dropping the tree in exchange for the wood. Today the owner called me back and said to 'go for it'.
The net result is one brand new chainsaw and a 16" dia. birch in my backyard in 4' - 6' lengths. Lots of branches for pens and goblets, too. Some of it is already spalted (a poorly trimmed branch allowed entry and ultimately doomed the tree) and there were a couple nice crotches. I see at least 3 bowls from crotch wood ... mebbe 5.
Bill
Bill wrote:

Anyone who shoots Bill will be excused on the basis of "justifiable homicide." :-)
Deb
I don't know Bill, I smell a rat. A fix was in. Are you sure the 'landowner' and your wife didn't conspire to get you to remove the tree for free? ;)

BILL!!!
YOU'VE BEN HAD!
I agree that your wife and the homeowner probably conspired to get you to do the work for a chainsaw and some free wood.
There's one born every minute.
you suck! :)