TS fence protection

How can I protect my TS fence from being marred up from sliding wood?
Rich
"Searcher" wrote in message

If it is a quality fence, sliding wood against it won't harm it in the least, and if it's not, it can be argued that it doesn't matter anyway.
That said, a little buffed up Johnson's Paste Wax, or TopCote, applied to the fence will make the wood slide easier and mitigate some of the friction that you are worried about.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04
Searcher wrote:

Remove it from the saw. Stretch wrap it and place it upon a shelf. Clamp a 2X4 in it's place.
UA100

... but first, mount a dial indicator on the 2x4 and build a reference jig that will lay into the miter groove on the table saw. Makes setting up that 2x4 rip fence almost a breeze.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

don't slide any wood against it <G>
<G/>
it's a tool. use it. wax will make it slide a little better.
Don't use it.

Wax it, cover it, or don't use it!
David
Searcher wrote:

Attach a piece of 1X6 to the fence. You can create a fence that is taller and longer that will aid in certain cutting situations. It will also protect your fence but you shouldn't be cutting the kind of things that will really damage the fence.
Dick

I'm not doing any cutting that is actually damaging the fence but I have noticed rubbing marks. I did clean it off and then applied paste wax. I made a cabinet for my wife and found that the wax is working very well.
Thank you for the help
Rich