TS creep, plz advise TIA

When I make crosscuts w/ balde set @ 45. I get creep.
I have a Skil TS (plz no flame necessary, I know. But that's what I got)
The miter gauge that came with it is a p.o.s. but cuts straight w/ blade @ 90.
I have not been using a stop block or sand paper on the gauge but will try one or both.
I have an oldam multi use blade w/o any stiffener.
I am just hoping for any input. Thanks in advance. Bill
Try screwing an extension to the gauge, or build a sliding mitre table out of a scrap of plywood and a few pieces of hardwood. Be sure the table top is clean and slides well too.
PSA sand paper will help greatly on the miter gauge.
lucky1 wrote:

Hi Bill,
I use a clamping miter gauge something similar to this one, but cheaper:
http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/product_family.asp?family%5FidB25&gift lse&0pt%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D2166%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D%2CTable%20Saw%20Accessories&1pt%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D1092%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D0%2CMiter%20Gauges&Giftlse&mscssidA0974501D0D84FDF8125B0D4126ED5
The URL is long, so watch out for the length. It should just be clickable though.
Hoyt W.

None coming...

Try that first. Then try building a simple miter sled. My miters got much better with the sled.

Several possible causes/fixes.
1) The material is 'riding up' on the blade, even if it isn't moving side-to-side on the miter guage.
FIX: hold the material down *firmly*. Or use a hold-down clamp.
2) The material _is_ moving side-to-side. Possibly because the blade is 'out of square' when tilted. When the blade is tilted to 45 degrees, check _carefully_ how close to parallel to the miter slot the blade is. If they're not parallel, you could have the cut following the blade, and dragging the stock along with it.
FIX: 'tune', aka 'align' the saw. so that the blade *is* parallel to the miter slot both at 90 degrees and at 45 degrees.
e) The material _is_ moving side-to-side. Possibly because you're not holding it in place firmly enough.
FIX: hold it tighter. <grin> non-slip material on the miter guage's fence will help. A hold-down clamp will be a lot of help. Building, and using, a miter sled (with or without hold-down clamps) is even better.