TRUING TOOL ADVANCER for TORMEK

Has anyone tried the new Tormek truing tool advancer and if so, is it worth the bucks?

Do you have a link?

Received mine a while ago but have't had the time to test it out yet. Will let you know when I do.
see: timberlinetools.com/product_p/tormek%20adv-50d.htm

I don't think that is the same thing as the advancer that the OP is talking about.

Wrong tool - try this link http://www.tallowtree.com /

A diamond tipped tool is often used to dress stones. My experience is Tormek stuff is grossly overpriced but in this case it seems to be priced right.
Dave
Herb Robinson wrote:

Personally, yes it is. Best wheel truing I've ever been able to get. I know the truing tool works but I hated using that thing. Pain in arse, as far as I'm concerned. They have a giveaway contest going on now, too.
If this is the tool that tormek sells for truing up the stones, I've used mine several times over the past couple years.
I think it works well.
Herb Robinson wrote:

Nope...not the same. This jig works WITH the ADV-50. I just found a review of this jig here: www.newwoodworker.com
william kossack wrote:

Ah, I did not see the extra part (did not have time to read the article). Most of it looks the same though and having used the one that came with my tormek I'm not sure what the new one might buy you.
ToolManJimmy wrote:

You should read the article. It explains it very well. Worth reading for sure.
william kossack wrote:

Worth it? Hell no... $60.00 for a fixed threaded rod and knob? Make your own for $10 or less.