Triton Router - Which one.

I'm trying to choose between 2 Triton Routers:
2 1/4 hp MOF001 3 1/4 hp TRC001
Both routers cost the same. The router will be mounted in a table.
I have a DW618 to use as a free hand plunge router. I'm considering the Tritons because of their bit height adjustment capabilities.
I thought the MO was the TRs little brother.
If they both cost the same and it is mounted in a table shouldn't I go with the TRC001?
Thank you
Ken

I have.
Thanks for the quick reply. The big one it is then.
The same street price confused me. I assume the smaller one might be more comfortable to use free hand.
Is the bit height adjustment as good as the reviews state? I have trouble with the DW618 in the table. Can't get just a smidge more height out of it. The DW tends to jump when adjusting bit height.
Thanks again
Ken

I made a router screw jack for that purpose. A 2.5" x 2.5" x 1.5" with a Tee nut mounted on top through a hole at the center depth 1.5". Then a 4-tooth 1/2" plywood wooden sprocket with a 1/4-20 slot head screw held on the other side by a nut: C'BORED.
-
I got interupted. Doesn't matter in theory or practice, but a 1/4-20 has 20 full revolutions to an inch. Just make the sprocket bigger than the base of the router. Have to calc throws of everything on paper first. Anyways it works finely. A flat router top free of dials, etc. helps too, but....
1 complete revolution is 1/20 of an inch, or .050";
360 degrees / 50 = ; 7.2 degrees of revolution per .001".
1 o'clock is 1/12 of 360, or 30 degrees, or 1/12 of .050", which is .0042"
IOW, a quarter turn (3 o'clock) is .0125" exactly, not to be confused with 1/8" (.125")
Now to go check if mine is 3/16, 1/4, or 5/16...
-

I have not read a review recently but you use squeeee the inner ring on the handle and turn it for quick coarse adjustments and or to raise the bit for removal. About two twists of the wrist and the bit is ready to be removed through the top of the table. I might add that I placed the router so that th on/off switch is on the left side when hanging up side down. Easier to work the height knobs and plunge lock lecer with the my right hand, being right handed. The fine tune height knob makes very minute adjustments with easy to count revolutions because of the rectangle end.

I have the little one, mounted in a table. You can adjust the bit height from above the table with a handle, which IIRC the big one can't. However, you need to go under the table to lock/unlock the plunge lock lever anyway, so in practice I always adjust it under the table. It also comes with all the other goodies, edge guide, pattern collars. But for table use get the big one.
-Leuf
> >> I'm trying to choose between 2 Triton Routers: >> >> 2 1/4 hp MOF001 >> 3 1/4 hp TRC001 >> >> Both routers cost the same. >> The router will be mounted in a table.
Kind of like a knife fight.
If you have to get involved, show up with a 9mm automatic.
Lew

considered it a few months ago, but went with a lift. Great choice.

Here are full reviews of each model which might help you decide:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/tritonrouter.htm http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/tritonrouter2.htm
--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski