Triton 3 1/4 HP Router---Good Price.

LOL ... you're right about that. He is known by recording engineers/producers for his "wall of sound" techniques back in the glory days of the recording studio/record company method of album production, and has since had more magazine articles about him than the ultimate router table ... and recently a mysterious murder, to boot.

AAMOF, I haven't bothered to look at a recording industry mag in quite a few years, but picked one up in a studio last week and sure enuff, an article on Phil Ramone, just as if those years had not past.

A deja vu easily done in any woodworking magazine.

Reply to
Swingman

And a total waste of recording technology, nonetheless. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

This page will tell you most of what you need to know about the updates/improvements from the A to the C.

ROY!

Which is hilarious when you could describe Dee Dee and the gang the same way.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Um, yes ... When ya gonna learn, Andrew?

Phil Ramone engineered the Gene Pitney session where the "wall of sound" micing technique first became generally known when released. In the recording business, producer's request a certain sound, the engineers job is to develop the "technique" to get the sound, and IIRC, Spector was not even a producer on this particular session.

That Larry Levine used the same techniques on later recordings when engineering for Spector only proves Spector's genius for publicity.

That said, you are indeed correct about my mix-up with "the Phils" with regard to the "mysterious murder" ... a rare occurrence and your very first success since you started your attempts at correcting, with obvious DAGS garnered knowledge, the more knowledgeable.

Congratulations on being lucky on that one count! But do keep trying ...

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks. I looked that over and all the improvements he mentions the new router having, I have on mine. So I guess I got the latest version. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

I wrote to Triton about this when I bought mine. The C model is for American voltage. If in the US even if you order the A model you will receive the C.

James "Cubby" Culberts>

Reply to
Ken

:>

:> Um, no. That's Phil Spector. Phil Ramone is a very different guy.

: Um, yes ... When ya gonna learn, Andrew?

Learn what? You made an understandable mixup between Phil Ramone (who was being discussed here) and Phil Spector (of "Wall of Sound" fame in the old days, and murdering-his-girlfriend right now). I corrected the mistake.

And now you blather on about how it really wasn't a mistake, but then you recognize that it was, kinda, but I'm still in the wrong, yadayadayada ...

: Phil Ramone engineered the Gene Pitney session where the "wall of sound" : micing technique first became generally known when released.

The term "Wall of Sound" is connected to Spector, not Ramone.

In the : recording business, producer's request a certain sound, the engineers job is : to develop the "technique" to get the sound, and IIRC, Spector was not even : a producer on this particular session.

: That Larry Levine used the same techniques on later recordings when : engineering for Spector only proves Spector's genius for publicity.

: That said, you are indeed correct about my mix-up with "the Phils" with : regard to the "mysterious murder" ...

Which was, if you go back and reread my post, the sum total of what I said.

a rare occurrence and your very first : success since you started your attempts at correcting, with obvious DAGS : garnered knowledge, the more knowledgeable.

You're more knowledgable, are you now? Not about what's being discussed here, apparently!

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

That relying on third hand information from DAGS is often dangerous to a know-it-all like you, Andrew.

Certainly "connected" by the unwashed public, with limited understanding of the process and the actual events, and those, like you, who rely on DAGS for their "information" ... but that doesn't make it any more correct than the common place "connecting" of Henry Ford with inventing the automobile, or the Wrights, the airplane.

If Spector had so much as touched a microphone during the mentioned session, which is considered by _those in the industry_ to be the beginning of what became the wall of sound micing technique, an engineering technique much practiced by recording engineers since, including those like Larry Levine who worked with Spector, who certainly got the press and fame for using/overusing it, there would likely have been a much earlier murder, with a different subject.

Now, go ahead and DAGS who the engineer was on the "Every Breath I Take" session and get back to us, Andrew ...

Reply to
Swingman

:>

:> So, let me pose this question to you: can you give me a single :> reference, in either (a) the general music press, or (b) the audio :> professional literature, which substantiates your claim that Phil Ramone :> invented the "Wall of Sound" universally credited to Phil Spector? :> I suspect you can't.

And I am right!

: Thus far ONLY you have said he "invented" it, Andrew. Learn to read, : s*****ad!

You really are a piece of work, aren't you? Jeebus!

:> He is known by recording :> engineers/producers for his "wall of sound" techniques back in the glory :> days of the recording studio/record company method of album production : Once again, Andrew ... answer the question: Who was the engineer on the : first known "wall of sound" session?

Who cares? That's not remotely connected to the issue. You said Ramone was the "wall of dound' guy, and said he was now famous for a murder. I pointed out you got him mixed up with Phil Spector. You... well... acted like you did, now immortalized forever on the Web.

My goodness, you're very impressive ... but not in the good way!

Cheers,

Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Thus far ONLY you have said he "invented" it, Andrew. Learn to read, s*****ad!

Once again, Andrew ... answer the question: Who was the engineer on the first known "wall of sound" session?

Reply to
Swingman

Your ignorance of "the issue" is showing, Andrew.

LOL ... "wall of dound"? "famous"? ... making up things again, eh Andrew.

Waste just a little more of the taxpayer's money with your DAGs and answer the question, Andrew.

Reply to
Swingman