Triton 3 1/4 HP Router---Good Price.

Page 2 of 2
"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

Thus far ONLY you have said he "invented" it, Andrew. Learn to read, shithead!

Once again, Andrew ... answer the question: Who was the engineer on the first known "wall of sound" session?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07
: "Andrew Barss" wrote in message
:> (It's an interview with Ramone; toward the end someone mentions WOS, and: he says :> "no, that's the other Phil").:> :> :> So, let me pose this question to you: can you give me a single :> reference, in either (a) the general music press, or (b) the audio :> professional literature, which substantiates your claim that Phil Ramone :> invented the "Wall of Sound" universally credited to Phil Spector? :> I suspect you can't.     And I am right!
: Thus far ONLY you have said he "invented" it, Andrew. Learn to read, : shithead!
You really are a piece of work, aren't you? Jeebus!
:> He is known by recording :> engineers/producers for his "wall of sound" techniques back in the glory :> days of the recording studio/record company method of album production: Once again, Andrew ... answer the question: Who was the engineer on the : first known "wall of sound" session?
Who cares? That's not remotely connected to the issue. You said Ramone was the "wall of dound' guy, and said he was now famous for a murder. I pointed out you got him mixed up with Phil Spector. You... well... acted like you did, now immortalized forever on the Web.
My goodness, you're very impressive ... but not in the good way!
    Cheers,
    Andy Barss
Swingman sez:

Your ignorance of "the issue" is showing, Andrew.

LOL ... "wall of dound"? "famous"? ... making up things again, eh Andrew.
Waste just a little more of the taxpayer's money with your DAGs and answer the question, Andrew.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Which is hilarious when you could describe Dee Dee and the gang the same way. <G>

I'll report back after I get it and put a few boards through it. It's going into a table setup so I'm hoping it'll work well in that application.

Yeah, it seems a bit "clunky" for a handheld. I plan eventually to replace my DW621 with something I can use handheld.

I was using the DW621 in a table, for about 95% of it's life (5 years). I was routing a groove and it made a strange noise. I finished the groove and when I turned it off, I knew something was wrong. The bit stopped spinning almost immediately when I powered it down. I took it all apart and discovered the fan was rubbing against the lower part of the housing. Took it in and they said the bearings , armature, brush holders, and ?? all needed replacing. Hell, the armature alone is like $90.

I've had one in a table for over a year. I am still very, very pleased with it. I love the bit changing. I have a Dewalt 621 which I use just for handheld use. The only "issue" I had was the port for a vacuum connection. Its a really, really oddball threaded size and I never could find anything to connect to it, so I gave up and worked out dust collection under the table instead.
Bob
On Thu, 3 May 2007 20:55:54 -0600, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"

that there is no difference between the A and the C. I remember reading on an Australian forum that several improvements have been made on the C. R!

Yeah, I found that out after posting this. I did see however that the "C" model does incorporate a number of improvements so when I ordered from Woodcraft, I made sure that's what they were sending. I see now their webpage says it's the "TRA" model. I'll be curious to see what ends up on my doorstep tomorrow. cc
On Fri, 4 May 2007 20:19:08 -0600, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"

updates/improvements from the A to the C. http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/tritonrouter.htm
R!

Thanks. I looked that over and all the improvements he mentions the new router having, I have on mine. So I guess I got the latest version. Cheers, cc
I wrote to Triton about this when I bought mine. The C model is for American voltage. If in the US even if you order the A model you will receive the C.
James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

So anyway, I ordered and it's due here Saturday so if you're at

Ok, the router arrived today. It came in a box labelled TRA001. However, the nameplate on the router itself says TRC001. It doesn't have a dust guard for the switch and I understand that is one upgrade they did to the TRC001 so now I'm confused. In any case, I'm keeping it and calling them Monday for the dust shield. Gonna try mounting it in my table tonight. I'm building a crib and this kid's growing fast so I gotta get the thing done! Cheers, cc