Tripod carved from one piece of wood

I am looking for plans for carving a wooden tripod (three-legged stand) out of one piece of wood. You know, the kind you've seen in gift shops where the tripod is used to display a bottle, potted plant, etc. I've carved chain links out of one piece of wood so I guess it would be similar. Worst case scenario is I'd have to buy one of these and reverse engineer it, but maybe someone has drawings or can direct me to a website that has such.
thanks in advance, unardo
Wed, Oct 17, 2007, 9:37am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (unardo) doth wonder: I am looking for plans for carving a wooden tripod (three-legged stand) out of one piece of wood. You know, the kind you've seen in gift shops where the tripod is used to display a bottle, potted plant, etc. <snip>
Nope, I don't know. The one's I've seen were glued together from cut pieces. Try googling.
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:10:27 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

There are African ones all over European curio shops carved from one piece. If you have a picture, then the rest is straightforward.
You need a _big_ blank though, in something carvable.
Thu, Oct 18, 2007, 11:55pm (EDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com (AndyDingley) doth sayeth:. There are African ones all over European curio shops carved from one piece. <snip>
Hah, last time I was in Europe, was '79, and just palling thru. But now that I think of it, here's a one piece wine bottle holder. http://www.maths.uq.edu.au/~infinity/Infinity%201/holder.html But it's not carved.