True up small piece of wood

I want to mount this piece of plywood in such a way that it is reasonable removable.
I first need to true up the edges of the wood and that is difficult because of it's small size.
I have a table saw, circular saw, and reciprocating saw.
I would like to avoid the table saw because of its weight and bulk.
How can I true up the wood?
https://imgur.com/iFZFKs8
On 7/20/2019 12:27 PM, A K wrote:

Small size???? Looks to be 12x24 or thereabouts...
Why would you not use the obvious tool for the job--the TS. Clean up one long edge(*) then the other to get even width and then crosscut to length.
(*) The near edge looks reasonably straight other than been butchered w/ some dull tool; the jigsaw perhaps? Start w/ it against the fence, then reverse edges.

On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 12:44:14 PM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

Wanted to avoid the TS because it is not mounted.
Dragging that 50+ pound anchor is not good on my back and neck.
I plan on putting castors on it as a future project.
On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 10:27:52 -0700 (PDT), A K

With the table saw. No other tool you own will do as good a job, as easily , quickly, and safely, as the table saw with a good fence and a good miter slide. A sled would be even better, but not a REQUIREMENT
On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 4:20:33 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:

I have no requirement for perfection.
I wonder how craftsman did it before they made table saws?
Andy
On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 6:04:52 PM UTC-5, "\" snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

How does that make the sides perpendicular?
Andy
On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 20:42:27 -0700 (PDT), A K

NERY carefully with a shooting board. Watch Cosman's you-tubes.

That’s where the skill comes in, holding it flat.
On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 17:17:50 +1000, "Rod Speed"

That is why old time carpenters had planes with really long runners. The knife only hit the high spots.

That’s not making the sides perpendicular, that’s making the side flat.
On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 05:18:44 +1000, "Rod Speed"

You used the word "Flat".
As others have said, If you put this on a sled, using a table saw is the way to go.

That’s the PLANE flat, not the wood, stupid.

Pity its not in a useable state currently and he has a back problem with putting it into a usable state.

How thick is the plywood ? the photo doesn't show that. 1/4 can be cut with a few heavy strokes on each side with a razor knife. finish up with sandpaper. Thicker - cut to size with your favourite saw and finish up with sanding. An old-timey "craftsman " would use his handsaw - and it wouldn't require any more true-up. John T.
On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 6:33:07 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Perpendicular - at an angle of 90° to a given line, plane, or surface.
On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 15:47:56 -0700 (PDT), A K

If you don't need "perfection" use it as it is. Before table says they had huge circular saws run off a line-shaft. Before that they had "pit saws" - and craftesmen who knew how to do things precisely with hand saws and planes.
Get yourself a set of japanese saws, a square and a pencil.

By using a plane and some skill.
On 7/20/2019 5:47 PM, A K wrote:

Any carpenter/cabinetmaker would be able to cut a straight a line to the mark with a handsaw.

On 7/21/2019 1:32 PM, dpb wrote:

And I don't mean a circular one, either... :)