Tried out ny chepao HF drill bits yesterday

Sunday, I realized that a plastic cabinet I had bought to store some very heavy stuff in was sagging. One side had buckled. So I went off to menards to buy some MDF or plywood to make a new cabinet. While there I found a kit already cut with the hinges and everything for $60, and about the size I wanted.

I decided that I really did not want to make something I can buy for less then the parts cost so I bought the kit. Thing had to weigh near 100 pounds.

I put it together and then added cleats under the shelves as I did not believe the two wood screws they provided were adequate. I used my new hex base drill bits to drill the holes. Very nice, but I have one complaint about them - they came with no case to store them in. O well, for $4 or $5 I guess I can live without a storage case. They drilled very nicely,and the sawdust just fell right off. Much easier to drill with than my old set of B&D drill bits. I probably won't get a lot of use out of the old ones now.

Reply to
Bob Peterson

I have similar drill bit sets. (mine are not brad points) A simple index for them was made from a block of oak. Picture is posted on abpw. This type of index makes the drills easy to grab and the large numbers (both fraction and decimal) are easy on old eyes. The holes are drilled 1/64 oversize to make the drills easy to remove and replace. The extra sets shown are going to be Christmas presents. Earl Creel

Reply to
Earl Creel