Transfering designs to wood

Page 2 of 2
An alternative to the 'pounce wheel' is to use a vibrator 'engraver' tool like you use to mark all your tools with. I print with a regular inkjet printer, fairly wide (maybe .020) line. Tape in place. Run over the line carefully with the engraver. You get both a mechanical imprint and a dark line as some ink is forced thru. Quick, no mess, no iron.
This is particularly good for small curved patterns like lettering that I carve, that the pounce wheel can't follow... You want to mark a little under so you cut the tiny dents away...
It's not as good as the toner-transfer for highly accurate parts.
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont