Tracing lines on to wood

Page 1 of 2
Here's a quick way to transfer lines to wood and very cheap in the long run because if you keep the caps on artist's oil paint tubes they will last for years and years.
Put a rag on your finger and rub oil paint directly from the tube on the back of the paper-just behind where the lines are.
Rub it on and then smooth it with a rag until it feels dry to the touch. A matter of seconds.
Lay the paper on the wood- oil paint side down-and trace over your lines with a pencil. You don't have to press hard.
A cheaper tube of "student grade" oil paint will cost about $3.00. A bargain in cost as well as time and effort if you plan to do much tracing over the coming years.
I'll put a photo on the binary pape.
Stewart
Congratulations... you invented carbon paper!

[snip]
I guess you're too young to have ever seen carbon paper, huh?

I think you have to be over 50 to use carbon paper.

I'm not quite there yet, but I certainly remember it. Haven't used it for a while, but I'm sure I still have a few sheets hanging around somewhere.
I can't remember who to give credit to, but a used fax machine cartridge (from the type that looks like a wide ribbon on rollers) works well too.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
wrote in message news:yBHyd.3164

Well, I'm a baker's dozen shy of 50, and we used it in my Typing I class in high school.
todd
Todd Fatheree wrote:

My God, do they still even make carbon paper? I found some at the office the other day and some of the younger clerks didn't even know what it was.
Fred
"Fred" wrote in message

When's the last time you've seen a bottle of "White Out"?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

There's a new product that makes "white-out" look dark ages, it's like "correct-tape" with its own dispenser". It's handy for things like envelopes or fixing handwriting mistakes.

Yes, they still make carbon paper. But the place(s) to look for it are in fabric stores, craft stores and Woodcraft. I particularly like the stuff that comes from fabric stores since it comes in multiple colors.
--RC
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

On 23 Dec 2004 19:00:26 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Perhaps the question is whether one remembers when carbon paper was the only option -- i.e., before photo copiers? Just an idle thought.

Only option?? Am I the only one who remembers mimeograph machines?
--jeff

Ahhhh... the sweet aroma of mimeograph paper just before a test...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I loved the purple ink smell nonetheless.
------------------------------------------------- - Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - * http://www.diversify.com -------------------------------------------------
Jeffrey Picciotto wrote:

Not to mention the old Bruning copy machines and the more compact Hectograph...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Jeffrey Picciotto wrote:

I wonder how many kids could have been rocket scientists but for sniffing those papers?
Is this going to turn into one of those 'Older Than Dirt' series of messages !?!
Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {Had the BIL over for X-Mas dinner . . . just got married 2 weeks ago. Somehow, during table conversation, used the line, "I've got socks older than you !!"
"Jeffrey Picciotto" ...

Ron Magen wrote:

Dirt? You had dirt? We made our own from rocks.
-- Mark