Touching up Rattan Finish?

We have a dinning table set (6' X 3' table, 2-leaves, 6 chairs) that is in excellent condition other than the dark stained finish has been wearing off in spots over the years. I know that rattan doesn't take kindly to finishes, but wondered if there's any product that I can apply which could be feathered in? Markers don't work.
Mike
www.refinishwizard.com IIRC has this subject posted.