Totally OT Ford attempts to dazzle the customer

Page 2 of 2

Lackluster in the sense that it isn't something you can feather and slam about. I like the more direct feel too, but it sure was smooth.

The car is probably exactly as they intended, a replacement for the Crown Vic. Most of those buyers are more concerned with smooth over performance.

Most drivers of the Crown Victoria have good, overbuilt transmissions rather than fuel-saving smooth types, because they're cops.

Well, that "usta" be true but ever since the problem with the gas tanks exploding in a collision way back when, the Crown Vic's were dropped immediately in the SE Texas area.
Leon wrote:

Maybe, but that certainly wasn't general.

Huh? This was pretty well know via most all national TV networks. It was reported that "many" law enforcement agencies were getting rid of them.
Leon wrote:

I guess it was the "immediately" that flagged my attention -- there were jurisdictions around here that didn't replace them w/ Vic's, but couldn't afford to get rid of them until rotation time came up...

There are still plenty of them in service in El Paso.
Max
Max wrote:

Here as well. In fact, back when it became a flap, the local county maintenance supervisor, being an old farm boy, took all of the ones used for patrol and welded a plate to the frame behind the tank to stop the penetration of the stray piece--problem solved for probably 99% of the cases, much less expensive than buying new.

Smaller towns then not to rack up the miles as quickly and the budgets are usually pretty tight.

650,000 population. 1200 man police force. 20 - 2007 Ford Crown Victorias 6 - 2007 Dodge Chargers numerous older Crown Vics

If Tom McCahill was still around you can bet he'd have a few choice words on the subject. (God I miss his reviews.)
Car model naming seems to have become more wierd over the years. (Unless you really prefer Mercedes' and BMW's uninspired alpha-numeric approach.) I succeeded in never riding in a Datsun Cherry
FoggyTown

I think all the Asian cars have a rather strange name. When I worked for an Isuzu dealership in the 80's our factory rep indicated, IIRC the Pickup, "Pup" was called Lotus Blossom, in Japan.
Tom Veatch wrote:

Not familiar with "The Onion"? <G>

Ok, I'll admit to being a little behind the power curve since I'd never heard of it until now. But, based on other posts, it's got a strong potential for making my list of favorites. I'm always open to a humorous read; Patrick F. McManus being one of my most enjoyed authors.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
<Tom Veatch> wrote in message wrote:

Not very familiar with "The Onion" huh Tom.
Max

Ford's Euro version of the Escape SUV is named Maverick.