Top posting is best

Page 2 of 3

Bottom posting doesn't people's waste time if people TRIM THEIR POSTS.
Bottom posting doesn't people's waste time if people TRIM THEIR POSTS.
And then there are those that do not proof read what they type. See, none of us are perfect and we all are capable of making mistakes. I for one am guilty of all mistakes. LOL wondering what you really meant to say. ;~)

Right, and it allows people following up to _that_ response to put everything in the correct flow and context.

When you're trying to have a conversation, both context, and flow, are important. If your goal is to make pronouncements and/or just have the last word, making yourself easy to respond to I suppose isn't a priority.
If usenet is about effective communication, then a conversational, "question then answer" style is the most logical.
says...

And it's been the Usenet convention since Usenet began - probably long before the OP ever saw a computer :-).

Dammit Larry, you keep agreeing with me. This is way past scary. Um...MaryAnn, or Ginger?
Personally I agree with you 100 percent... especially when that reply at the bottom of the message is one word....
However....Top Posting is NOT the accepted practice...does not stop me from using it most of the time however....(lol)
Bob G.

Top, bottom, doggy - it's all about variety.
Can you show us a doggy post? Just so we can compare and make a decision?
patrick conroy wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

And the problem is....?
Mon, Mar 7, 2005, 10:28pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@telnet.com (Bob) claims: It's a PITA to have to scan through some times 2 or 3 or more messages to get to a reply. Some of you think it's ridiculous to top post, but that's your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine! As Bill Murray would say, "that's the facts Jack"!
NO, the real PITA is when people do not snip.
[snip]
what?
:-)
proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
[snip]

Oh boy. I can't wait to spend endless hours following up/reading the response to this one. Just say (tmPL) it'll be the usual suspects.
Wake me when it's over.
UA100

I _know_ that Forte lets you killfile by subject. Or sender.
Dave Hinz wrote:

See what I mean?
UA100
Hell, Keeter - that weren't even a guess.
That dude is into every single thread, no matter what it's about.
wrote:

You only get points for making good guesses, not betting on sure things.
watson - who thought he would try both top and bottom posting in the same message, just to see what it would be like - Ooooh, It makes me feel soooo wicked.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
Tom Watson wrote:

    > That dude is into every single thread, no matter what it's about. Side    > posting    > On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:25:35 GMT, Unisaw A100
rules!    > wrote: :-)    >     > j4    >>Dave Hinz wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

sigh...
UA100, who usually follows conformity but loves to watch panties twist when others don't...