Tools

Anyone in the Newnan, GA area? This may be of interest to you.

Sonny

Anyone do business with these guy before? Is it legit?

You have to register w/credit card and it states they MAY ask for 25% of your bid before the auction ends. It also says you must pay w/in

24 hours of auction end by a bank wire transfer or cashiers check. It sounds like buyers are vulnerable to fraud/theft under these circumstances. If it's legit then I might bite but I don't want to get ripped off.
Reply to
dayvo

I've bought several items from this auction group. That's how I found this particular listing... I check this site often for sales near me. The process for all transactions is to better serve AND protect both you and the seller. They also recommend you go inspect the items before bidding.

Look at the parent listings. Many brand name companies liquidate their assets through this company.

Sonny

offerings. The biggest problem is delivery. It's all on the buyer with no help from the auction company. You have to find a freight company, arrange for packing, etc. But there are some sweet deals to be had if you live nearby.

Reply to
TD Driver

Thanks for answering. I live within a few hours of there so I might bid on a couple of things. I wish I had some reference for what the final bids on those cabinet saws might be. I donate a lot of iron to schools throughout the year. I started out donating old equipment from my dads business and eventually moved onto buying new stuff to donate. Unfortunately some schools are actually telling me they don't want $10k in tools if they're not all from the same vendor. It has something to do with maintenance contracts. Other schools don't want it for liability or maintenance reasons. They tell me they can't afford for me to give it to them.

Reply to
dayvo

Yeah, these days freight is a killer, that's why I look for listings near me. Good luck Dayvo. Usually, during the last few hours and/or minutes, of the sale, the prices will rise. Set your money limit (or range) and stick to it. If in doubt, don't buy. This site has listings in your area fairly often, so another opportunity will eventually come along. This particular listing looks really good, though. Looks like many unused items, whereas most listings are for used items.

Be careful about bidding on a really inexpensive item, while bidding on an expensive item. If you win the lesser item only, the several hours drive (one way) may not be worth it.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I had a friend that bid on three rail cars. They had to be unloaded over the weekend and were put on a siding with dock. Nice for the train company.

He lined up 12 common laborers to unload whatever. Unlabeled and unclaimed the rules was to sell off and get the cars moving.

They ended up to be loaded solid full with army jeeps heading to war. The Train inspector and an FBI agent were there at the opening in case it was drugs or other strange stuff.

Once the radios and machine guns (2 each) were extracted off them - my friend had beautiful jeeps.

He found some ranchers that wanted a few each. Ranch hands had jeeps now.

So one can't tell on blind bids, but some are fantastic.

Mart> Yeah, these days freight is a killer, that's why I look for listings

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn