Tool Stand from Trashed Desk

I picked up this child's desk this morning by the curb. The top appears to be maple and it has sturdy legs and a nice shelf for stuff. It even has a sticker for Papa John's. I'll remove the top, do a little sanding and glue it back together. Spray on a little grey paint on those metal portions Viola!! my new tool stand.

Lawrence L'Hote

Tue, Feb 1, 2005, 3:32pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Lawrence=A0L'Hote) says: Spray on a little grey paint on those metal portions Viola!! my new tool stand.

Grey? Not yellow? Did you get NOTHING from my webpage?

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

I picked up 2 "student tables" at a garage sale a few years ago for $5 each... 2 x 4' with same shelf and adjustable metal legs...

One is one the patio covered with the wife's gardening stuff, the other is the foundation for my Jet mini at the moment... used to have my router table on it... They work great, because they're built "kid tough".. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Grey? Not yellow? Did you get NOTHING from my webpage?

My son don't try to keep his father's tools he borrows (hehehe) As far as learning from your pages. I book marked several of the pages with some of those great links.....

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Tue, Feb 1, 2005, 4:32pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Lawrence=A0L'Hote) says: My son don't try to keep his father's tools he borrows (hehehe) As far as learning from your pages. I book marked several of the pages with some of those great links.....

You might want to save any links you're especially nterested in. I'm mostly adding links just now, but anything I see that I'm not interested in anymore I'll discard.

Your son must not drive yet.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

To my fellow ladies:

There we have it, validation of the difference between men and boys is the size of their toys (probably also price which makes the desks a real bargain. L-)

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

I knew that years ago.

Reply to
jaime

but the old saying still holds true, Glenna...

He who dies with the most toys...

Still dies