Today

Our drummer came by this morning to put his gear in my garage for a few days while he swaps one car for another. This is the fellow who lost a fingertip to a table saw about six weeks ago, by the way. Friday was his first gig back with the band and I'm happy to say that he did well. In the typical mode of affection and mutual support used among musicians, I mentioned that he actually seemed to @#$% up less than usual that night.
He told me he was off to spend his day replacing the flood-damaged sheetrock at his daughter's basement apartment. I told him I was going to spend the morning finishing up the installation of my long-delayed bookcases. (that's done now)
It struck me that both of those things, while not exactly like reclining on the Barcalounger with a beer, were pretty appropriate Fathers' Day activities.
Happy Fathers' Day to all the Dads here.
"Greg Guarino" wrote in message

I walked through my shop today... focus is more on the upcoming bicycle trip with my son!
On Jun 16, 1:04 pm, "John Grossbohlin"

rip

Good for you. Another very "Dad" thing in my book.