TiteBond Responce from Headquarters

Page 5 of 6
On 14 Jul 2004 01:02:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

blatant troll...

Charlie-
please do not feed the trolls.
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:29:28 -0700 Blatant Moron , snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

You couldn't wipe your own ass without a set of instructions.
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:43:24 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@address.invaIid wrote:

First, you blow ass all over usenet because some here chuckled at the whole "lets glue cement slabs together even though it's only for holding a farking garbage can off the dirt", and now _this?_
Dude.
Are you Bay Area Wayne?
'Cause if you're not, I'm thinking there's Rod Serling type theme music being whistled through the Karmic Ether betwixt Dave's place and whatever trailer park you're living in.
Michael Who thinks it's a good thing the people who say "90 Proof" on the front of the bottle don't tell you on the back that it's only 40 proof after the first drink.
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:51:06 GMT, Village Idiot Doug Miller

Then direct this at the morons ruining this group you twit. This group is a circle jerk of idiots. You've driven off most of the knowledgable woodworkers and newbies stick around only long enough to find out that most of you are powertripping jerks.
Look at the threads. The TiteBond thread for instance. You clueless idiots spend all your time blowing EACH other. It's hilarious.

That's exactly what I did, Wayne.
Time to update the TrollFilter again...
Doug Miller wrote:

If you haven't aready done so please note that wayne munged the "invalid" domain-instead of an ell he used an uppercase eye. Bizarre.

--
--John
Leon responds:

Surely. More so than Mr. Kelly has shown.
Charlie Self "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others." Ambrose Bierce
snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Or resorcinol.

--
--John
Tue, Jul 13, 2004, 8:42pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) puts out: <snip> The FRONT label is suppose to indicate what you are truly buying.

Er, front tells you what it is, back tells you how to apply it, I would guess. They shouldn't give conflicting information if the seller isn't lying to the customers.
Two labels?
Milk Bottles good reason for two labels, Top says see other end for instructions. Bottom says?
Open other end.
Elegant solution for ocmplicated issue.
So for front back, we could arrange a committee to get wording right, would have to choose twist versus rotate vs flip etc..
OK Joat?
(Leon)

Leon wrote:

If I were building something on which I was going to depend for my life I would rely on test results from third parties, not words on a product label. The only thing I would be looking for on the product label would be the brand name and product identification.
--
--John

be
Yes, so would I. But how many people going into the local Wal Mart or Woodcraft store are looking for Water Proof glue for a project that their life is going to depend on?
Leon wrote:

If it's a boat that is going to be used in water deep enough to be over their head and far enough from land that they can't swim the distance easily then they're depending on it for their lives.
If it's a pool toy and it comes apart, then they either learn from their mistake or don't and so what?
--
--John
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:10:48 -0400, "J. Clarke"

sounds like darwin awards stuff- man builds boat with glue from mall wart and takes it out on the open sea....

Uh huh Yep.

experienced
substantionally
Did you read the article and see how it was tested? Not a question of being touchy, it was put to a test it was not intended to be used.
OK let's compare a Bradley tank and a Chevy. The auto editor takes the Chevy to the woods and bashes into a tree. He then declares it no good because it cannot take down the tree.
Same as the Chevy is not made for or intended for knocking over trees, Titebond is not designed to be used submerged. You think that more R & D is going to get that Chevy to be capable of knocking down trees? Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

is
The interesting part of the Wood test though is although the test was beyond the TB3 limits, it was WAY beyond the TB2 limits and the TB2 did better than the TB3.
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:45:47 GMT, "Leon"

that is interesting. it makes me wonder if they mixed up the samples.

Exactly. I had mentioned that may be the case in one of the first hundred posts.. :~)