Timber Wolf band saw blade

What's a reliable source for these blades?
http://www.suffolkmachinery.com /

How about the manufacturer? suffolkmachinery.com. If you've been following recent posts here, though, it seems like a lot of people are unhappy with their quality control recently. You might want to look at recent archives (within the last few weeks, I think) before your purchase. Andy

Timberwolf blades suck! Why pay more when you can get cheaper and better blades?
http://www.woodnshop.com/olson.htm http://www.southern-tool.com/store/bandsaw_blade_calculator.html http://www.toolcenter.com/Lenox/index.html http://www.tufftooth.com /
I've taken to calling their 800 number. Half of the time when I go to woodcraft or rocklers I can't find blades I want for my saw. They may have the right length but not the right blade for my application. Buying from suffolk I usually get them in maybe 3 days and they keep track of what I have purchased. Most other manufactures don't deal directly with customers so if you want a blade for your saw you have to wait for Rocklers or woodcraft to get them
The only problem I've had with my timber wolf blades is when I do something stupid like use the wrong blade for the application like try to cut a thick bowl blank with a fine toothed blade
PS some people like suffolk, some like lenox, or olson I even know one guy that swears by grizzly blades. When reading postings on the rec always keep a salt shaker handy.
Tom wrote:

Tom wrote:

I bought a 1/2" one once at a wood show. Put it on, used it once, took it off and never used it again. Do yourself a favor and get a "Wood Slicer" instead...makes the Timber Wolf look like a dull hatchet.
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdI D93
I ended up on the home page. Gasp, choke. The first thing I saw on the web site was a $250 tomahawk. $250 for a tomahawk???? Excuse me, a British Trade Axe. Wow. Go here: http://www.hbforge.com /
No affiliation with H&B, just a satisfied customer flinging the same Shawnee hawk for 25+ years and Lord knows how many replacement handles. Great product, hand made, $38.
http://users4.ev1.net/~robenhaus/
Nice saw blades, though, and a very nice shop apron.
Regards, Roy