This Old House Magazine?

Page 2 of 2
On 19 Jun 2004 09:16:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

understood.
however, as a buyer I don't have to like it.
if a magazine has too many ads, I don't buy it. the business folks at the magazine have to understand this and find the right balance- pay for their costs and still produce something I'm willing to carry home.
a free magazine with no content beyond advertisement has *negative* value to me....
TOH is on the tube now and they did something very odd. They ran radiant heating in a wall to heat a stairway. No protection plate on top of the tubing, what will happen when someone hangs a picture and the screw puts a hole in the tubing??? Mark L.
Roger L wrote:

Mark wrote:>TOH is on the tube now and they did something very odd. They ran

into the stud. Dunno what the radiator's made of, or whether it'll stop a nail or screw. Tom Work at your leisure!
It's just PEX tubing with a sheet of aluminum to radiate the heat into the wall. Even if it's halfway into the stud, people use long screws to hold things up. Mark L.
Tom wrote:

Roger:
Re: TOH Magazine
I used to enjoy the magazine as much as enjoyed the show. However, both are getting a bit repititous (sp?). I still like the show but have stopped the magazine.
I'd scan it when it comes in, read what Norm, Tom, Rich have to say and then that's it. I used to read the articles about the house projects but you know, they are are out of date by the time I see them because the show airs ahead of the publication date. Also, I don't find any useful advice. I much prefer, as do others, Fine Homebuilding. Albeit, it's geard towards the trades but lots of good stuff year in and out. I pick up occasionally.
TOH is celebrating their 25th anniversary this year and boy have they ever changed the TV landscape. I wish them well and look forward to the future, but I'm not getting the magazine anymore.
MJ Wallace