This guy is selling a Rigid table saw with a cracked granite top.

This guy is selling a Rigid table saw with a cracked granite top, he is throwing in a solid core door saying it would make a better table top. Can you believe that?
http://cnj.craigslist.org/tls/4357197540.html
--
Jeff

woodchucker wrote:

I expect that the saw would be available separately if you would prefer to order a la carte. : )
On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:16:38 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:

But the door is *commercial grade (sic)!
That saw took a tumble, if not benchtop abuse. In the first pic, the switch box is bent. In the 3rd pic, 2 legs of the stand are bent. In the second pic of the door, the saw stand leg, on the left, is bent.
Considering his concept of the door being an appropriate fix, I wonder what "sufficient enough" factors he uses for building the projects he works on?
Sonny
On 3/27/2014 7:48 AM, Sonny wrote:

LOL! With it being a commercial "fire" door, I suppose you can also use it for a welding table now.

I suspect in his case, sufficient enough means plenty of nails and duct tape (colored and metallic tapes for the really fancy, high end stuff).

You left out the most important, and absolutely critical, tool in the arsenal of most "carpenters" these days:
CAULK
Without DAP there would be no new or remodeled homes, so load up on RPM International Inc. stock in advance of the next housing boom.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Don't forget the Sawzall for that fine inlay work.
On 3/26/2014 9:16 PM, woodchucker wrote:

A little Guh-rilla guh-lue and it'll be good as gnu...
I always was (and continue to be) a more than a little leery of granite as an ideal material for the purpose--it is brittle albeit a good dampener and doesn't rust.
On 3/28/2014 9:32 AM, dpb wrote:

And it won't allow magnetic attachments. I use a magnetic feather board at times (grip tite), And a dial indicator now for my fence. so it does eliminate that ability.
On the other hand, if I lived in a very humid area, or a very cold area, it might be nice to not have to worry about the top rusting.
But I would really miss the magnetic top.
--
Jeff

On 3/28/2014 9:47 AM, woodchucker wrote:

Not to mention having to be extra careful with it and pretty much being locked in to using Ridgid products as upgrades. If yo need to drill that table for a different fence system you are pretty much out of luck.
"dpb" wrote in message

With some dominos or biscuits.... or DOWELS!! ;~)

You can use the miter slot for the dial indicator. But you're right, the magnetic surface would be a loss.

I don't have a lot of trouble with rust, as long as proper precautions are taken.

Yes and I'd rather not chip the top, too.

That saw has seen some serious abuse. I've got a Rigid table saw that's been around for a long time, and seen plenty of service, not always kind service, and I couldn't imagine breaking the table like that.
On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:16:38 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:

Never quite understood that rock-top idea.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Wow! That's still available? I thought for sure someone would have picked up that fire door!

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 11:49:53 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:

LOL.
Sonny
"Bill" wrote in message

Here's a Steel City with stone top... maybe it's keeping the door at bay...
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tls/4403189580.html