things to look for in a used drum sander

Going to check out a Performax 16-32 today, and would like to know what to be on the lookout for. Also I believe it has the 2 1/2 port, is this a problem, does it really benefit from the 4" in the newer models or does it get along fine using a reducer.
damian penney wrote:

I'm seeing this post too late to help.. Did you end up buying it?
bf wrote:

I didn't know, something came up and I couldn't go see it, but any pointers are still appreciated.